First Aid/CPR/AED/ Heart Saver Courses
These lay person Courses are designed for learning the very basics of medical emergency care. This is a perfect place to start if you have no medical background or have a limited background and need the skills learned her to become more self sufficient. Each course covers: OSHA, Oregon Health Authority and Coast Guard Requirements for medical training and education.
Skills Development Varies by Course
American Safety & Health Institute™ First Aid/CPR/AED Courses:
- Adult/Ped/Infant First Aid + CPR/AED (8 Hour Course)- 4 hours CME- Skills Verification ($110)*
- First Aid (4 Hour Course)- 4 Hours CME- + Skills Verification ($60)*
- Adult/Ped CPR/AED (4 Hours) +Skills Verification ($60)*
- Ped First Aid + CPR/AED (4 Hours)- Skills Verification ($80)*
- Babysitting Course (4 Hours)+ Skills Verification ($50)*
American Heart Association™ Heart Saver Courses:
- Heart Saver First Aid (4 Hour Course)- 4 hours CME- Skills Verification ($60)*
- Heart Saver CPR / AED (4 Hour Course)- 4 Hours CME- Skills Verification ($60)*
- Heart Saver First Aid +CPR (8 Hours)- Skills Verification ($110)*
- Heart Saver K-12 Schools (4 Hours)- Skills Verification ($60)*
- Heart Saver Pediatric First Aid CPR / AED (4 Hours)- Skills Verification ($60)*
*Courses materials must be purchased separately
American Safety & Health Institute™
Wilderness First Aid Courses:
The ASHI Wilderness First Aid training program is in-tended for individuals who are not healthcare providers or professional rescuers but desire or are required to be certified in wilderness first aid knowledge and skills. Certification in Adult CPR and AED is required as a pre-requisite for this program. Training in basic first aid is recommended.
- 2 Day Course ($300)
- 2015 AHA ACLS Provider Manual ($55)
- 2015 AHA BLS Provider Manual ($25)
- 2015 AHA Handbook of Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC) ($40)
- 2015 AHA PALS Provider Manual ($55)
- 2015 AHA Heart Saver Manual (N/A)
- Stop the Bleed Materials Provided at Course*
- Tourniquets Sold Separately (Avg. Cost $15)
- Trauma Sheers Sold Separately (Avg. Cost $10)
- Leatherman Raptor Trauma Sheers (Avg. Cost $70) w/ Molle Holder
*All AHA E-Books MUST BE purchased through American Heart Association™ website.
The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in all AHA courses and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the AHA. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA course materials, do not represent income to the AHA.